Adventure For Everyone
Norris Lake offers endless adventure and fun-filled activities where the foothills of the majestic Smoky Mountains meet the pristine waters. The crystal clear waters of Norris Lake span over 34,000 acres with more than 800 miles of beautiful shoreline.
- Vacationing at Norris Lake is all about water sports. Bring your own boat or rent a ski boat, fishing boat, houseboat, pontoon boat, or party barge from one of the area’s many marinas.
- Norris Lake offers some of the best fresh water fishing you will ever find. With 56 species of fish including an abundance of black crappie, bluegill, brown trout, channel catfish and more – it’s a fisherman’s paradise, famous for striper fishing.
- Go rafting or canoeing and take on some serious Fly-Fishing at the Clinch River.
- Find out why Water Ski Magazine ranks Norris Lake as the #1 ski lake east of the Mississippi. Challenge yourself at the two slalom courses and ski jump – just a short distance from Deerfield. Try out wake boarding, wake skating, waterskiing, kneeboarding, wake surfing, tubing and more. Sign up for lessons and rent equipment.
- Take in the panoramic view of Lake Norris from a unique vantage point when you parasail.
- With over 24,000 acres of wilderness and more than 70 miles of trails, Chuck Swan Wildlife Management Area offers outdoor adventure galore from hiking trails to horseback riding to off-roading to mountain biking to hunting and more.
- Experience off-roading at its best at the Coal Creek OHV Area with over 20 miles of trails for off-highway vehicles including ATVs, UTVs, Jeeps, 4x4s, rock crawlers, rail buggies, mountain bikes and more.
- One Life Outfitters offers camping, hiking, rock climbing and kayaking adventures for the whole family.
- Visit Creekside Stable for horseback riding through the glorious countryside.
- Little Ponderosa Zoo offers a hand-on exotic wildlife adventure the entire family will enjoy.
Experience the vacation of a lifetime at Norris Lake!